Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 32

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 32

>I'll change the filter both times, though it seems silly seeing
>how it's fed with a 1/8" steel line! It's a voodoo filter,
>not a real filter. When the motor turns off the dirty oil runs
>back into the crankcase!
>
>Oh well I guess when clearances are huge and compression and
>pressures are low, anything works. I love low tech!

In reference to the 1/8" steel line; in an attempt to use the same
filter as the other AMC engines I found that without the restricter
built into the filter that oil feed line flows enough oil to keep the
oil light on!  The 195.6 uses a bypass filter.

Peter Marano
Kenosha WI