Re: [Amc-list] bad filter, bad

re: bad filter

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, finebammer wrote:

> i hope you'll return the part and let them see it. this does
> two things. one, it gives them the chance to rectify the problem,
> i.e. get the part off their shelves. two, it gives YOU the chance
> to gauge their action in handling the matter. that would play
> into my decision on my next purchase from them.

You're right on all counts. (I'm pretty sure I got it at NAPA,
but I might have got it at Pep Boys, where I can predict their
reaction: 'next customer please?'. I forget why I was even in
that store.)

I'll pull it out of the trash bin and check it.

However, if it's a brand that NAPA carries, I will bring it to
them anyways to show them. I gotta go there anyways this week.

The lesson to me is, research, research, research. Even or
especially the small stuff I (used to be able to) take for
granted.

Maybe WIX makes a fuel filter :-)

I might look at fuel injector filters, which will be less
off-the-beaten-path. They're more $$, unless you count carb
repairs!