Re: [Amc-list] Radiator Cap, now exploded battery

Re: [Amc-list] Radiator Cap, now exploded battery

A: A few years back I had someone stuck at a gas station and it made that
"noise" that loose battery clamps do (it was an Aerostar) so I had them open
the hood and just as I reached to check the clamps, the impatient person hit
the key again. The resultant explosion temporarily blinded me (luckily it
happened someplace I knew my way around, so I was able to get to the
bathroom and rinse my face off quickly.) and I couldn't hear well for a few
days. No jumper cables were involved. All I did was open the hood at the
same time she hit the key again and the hydrogen (gas) bomb lit up!
   I'm also glad I had taken off my jacket earlier (my shirt went to mush
and looked like moths had eaten it by the time I got back from the bathroom)
so I at least had something to wear on my back till I got home. I dabbed my
jeans with a wet cloth and they stained, and eventually fell apart a couple
washings later.
   After all that, she comes up to me and says "You owe me a battery!" and I
told her to call her insurance agent because I wanted to be compensated for
her stupidity and inconsideration as well as possible medical expenses. Her
eyes went big as saucers, and she left, got some other "victim" to jump
start what was left of her battery and she drove away.