Re: [Amc-list] Radiator cap?

https://www.amkproducts.com/chrysler_radiator_caps.asp.
> I will add in
> this. You are getting a very high quality product
> (it's made like
> radiator caps used to be made) and it's almost
> identical to a factory
> original cap. I compared the one I bought for my 67
> American to the
> original on the Seiber's ~1000 mile 68 American and
> the only difference
> I found was the original had either a part or patent
> number on it. I
> think a lot of the AMC vendors also carry this cap.
>
> Matt

Actually, at least in 1966, the AMC radiator caps were
made with a smooth top plate with the AMC script logo
and some text in blue.  These are highly prized today
because I don't think they are being reproduced.  I
cut the top plate off of my original 1966 cap and
fastened it to an aftermarket cap for my 1966 American
project (still not finished after all these years).

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA