Re: [Amc-list] Ambassador for sale

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> and it should be easy to retrofit saginaw integral ps - didn't the '65
> or '66 have it?  the ps gear would mount with a sill plate adapter
> anyways, and probably take the existing pitman arm.

Just checked; the 63-65 steering box is utterly incompatible
with the 70-up box. Frank solved this problem though in his
63 Classic.

I distinguish between "bolt-in" changes and ones requiring mods
such as drilling cutting or adapting, and unless someone is
hot-rodding I assume what people want is "bolt in" (or really
close to).

I don't mind hot-rod level changes personally, none of my cars
are stock/collectable but those sorts of mods are ALWAYS more
work than they appear, and you almost always "discover" little
subtleties that smart factory engineers built in; clearances,
bolt access, size, weight, etc... these are all fine for project
cars, but for daily drivers a "surprise discovery" that a new
strut bushing requires 4 hours of fiddling and adjustment is
not usually welcome. In a hot rod it's part of the project!