Re: [Amc-list] Rear door on Eagle wagon won't open

Re: [Amc-list] Rear door on Eagle wagon won't open

I bought a 75 Pacer that had been sitting up to it's
floorboards in redwood tuff in the mountains behind
Santa Cruz.   The passenger door would not open.
After soaking the latch assembly in PB Blaster and
other lubricants I finally had to resort to using my
Dremel tool and cutting the latch assembly out of the
door from the inside.  Since your door as been
operated more recently than my Pacer door, the
lubricants may still work.  With the assembly in the
unlocked position, I suggested trying to rap on the
latch from inside with a wood or brass tool while
simultaneously pulling the handle (inside or outside,
if you have a helper) to the open position.  If it
does open, I recommend removing it and soaking it in
carburetor cleaner, followed by plenty of lubriplate
or white grease.

Gook luck,
Joe Fulton