Re: [Amc-list] pertronix install on '63 american

Re: [Amc-list] pertronix install on '63 american

With the ignition on, check the voltage on the
positive side of the coil (to ground).  It will
probably be something less than 12 volts, indicating
that you have a resistor wire in the circuit.  AMC did
not use ballast resistors, per se, but used a resistor
wire spliced into the circuit.  You will need a full
12 volts to the coil when the ignition is in the "run"
mode, I think.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA