[Amc-list] pertronix install on '63 american

[Amc-list] pertronix install on '63 american

Hello, I have recently replaced my delco generator with a delco 10si
alternator(three wire) on my '63 american convertible. It worked like a
dream, with nearly no modification.  I then installed a pertronix ignitor2
and blaster2 coil.  The darn thing ran so rough. I looked at the
troubleshooting list, and it said tomake sure there is no ballast resistor
leading to the coil. I can't find a ballast resistor anywhere. The '62 and
'63 shop manuals don't mention anywhere either, except for one diagram for
the autolite aternator equipped model. It doesn't discuss it there either.
  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!    THANK YOU,  M, Walter
Traverse City, Mi.   redamc1963@xxxxxxxxxxx