Re: [Amc-list] Remember when?

My daily driver is an '89 Comanche (MJ) with 206,000 miles on the original
engine and 5-speed.  The rear main leaks a bit, I have replaced two water
pumps, an alternator, and the radiator last fall, but other than that, it
is perfect, and still gets a consistent 22 miles per gallon.  It has gotten
a bit soft, and no longer gets a third gear scratch, but still has more
than enough power to walk a four cylinder "tuner" rice burner.  Which I
thoroughly enjoy laughing at when the catch up.

Jeff Bohler
St Louis, Mo
'70 Javelin 390 4-speed
'89 Jeep Comanche

Ever drive an 80's-90's XJ or ZJ for that matter???.....
I'd like to have a nickle for every one of those that has seen the 200,000
mile mark on the original engine and trans.
People over on the stroker list give up around 200,000 and go ahead and
build their strokers even though most are still running strong! I'd bet 90%
or better do this without even a timing chain replacement....
   Probably why they discontinued the 4.0L just  plain takes too long to
wear out!!!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV