Re: [Amc-list] Sins

" From: "RetroRalph" <retroralph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I'm with you guys, too.
"
" Seemed like business managers became really cutthroat  by the 1980's in my
" personal experience.   Seemed like there was no responsibility to the
" general public interest that seemed customary earlier.  Strictly no
" conscience about any adverse affects they were causing by their actions.
" And they felt they were not breaking any laws unless they were actually
" caught at it and nailed for it.

makes me think of aaron feuerstein and malden mills.  remember him?
the bigger of his plants caught fire about ten years ago and burned to
the ground, a total loss.  but instead of laying his workers off he
kept them on full salary and medical - for something like 2 years.  in
return they ran the remaining smaller mill around the clock and
boosted its output way above what anyone thought possible.  this in
turn brought much more money in than was expected, helping the
reconstruction.

the sad ps is he gambled on expanding the business faster than it
could grow, couldn't pay the loans back, and was forced out.  think
the new owners would be as committed?  they'd probably have just taken
the insurance and moved offshore.