Re: [Amc-list] 4.0 head swap

" From: Wayne E LaMothe <superglider@xxxxxxxx>
"
" Couple of questions for those in the know.  I know the 4.0 head will bolt
" onto the 258. (Will it also bolt on the 232?)  I might have to close off
" some water ports but it is a pretty common swap.  Is there a 4.0 head
" casting that does not need the water ports sealed (maybe a RENIX head) or
" is it more to do with the 258 block?

i don't recall if anyone answered these questions.

4.0 valve gear and head bolts are in the same place as any 199/232/258,
and the bolts are 1/2" like all but the '81-6 258s.

the water port thing is more to do with the block; they made both 4.0
and 258 a little wider on one side in '87.