[Amc-list] Trademarks

Joe,
You're probably a younger man than I am. My days of wanting that much HP are
behind me. A friend of mine does very high end detailing. He finished off a
69 Vette convertible with the 435 HP, 427 Tri power and we went for a drive.
I had forgotten how brutal those cars were. Zero to 100 in the blink of an
eye, BUT everything was noise, loud enough to verge on pain, with
accompanying shake and vibration much like a Cobra I drove many years ago.
That was all I wanted when I was 18-30 but not now. What do they say? If the
music is too loud, you're too old. Well, that's me to a T.
My AMX came with 5.9 liters and 290 HP and with a 25 year olds heavy foot
gave me about 15-18 MPG.
The Lexus is 4.3 liters with 290 HP and would get 26-28 MPG (these are
Canadian Gallons).
The power seems effortless because of the lack of noise and vibration.
I remember my AMX at highway speeds when I first got it. The wind noise was
terrible. The side windows were being forced open at the top by the wind
entering the car. I finally figured out that the factory had forgotten to
cut out the opening behind the armrest so the air could exit through the
vent high in the door jamb. That was how I found out what the flap was for,
on the armrest.
The AMX occupies a special place in my heart. It wasn't my first new car nor
my last, but it is the one that I kept.
As the restoration progresses I find that same feeling for the car coming
back. It will be a tamer car than it was new, but it will have evolved
somewhat like its owner.
Don