[Amc-list] Trademarks

I know it could be seen as heresy, but I would love to build a Javelin
with
that Lexus V8 power train and suspension and brakes.
What a performer, roughly 260 cu. in., about 300 HP, the suspension and
brakes to handle it, and roughly 24 miles per gallon.
Do you think the big 3 would sell something like that, if they built it?
Damn right !!
Don
-----------------------

An updated AMC is a great car! That was the goal when I built my wagon
-- a "what if" AMC. It's the right size, and the IRS makes the ride
smooth. Front trunnion suspension was rebuilt. It could use some more
caster with the radial tires, but handling is otherwise great. That's
right, there's nothing wrong with the old front suspension design except
the lack of caster (2.5 degrees is all you can get without binding).

The AW4 and 4.6L (or a stock 4.0L) really make it a great car! I need a
quieter exhaust and to track down an annoying vibration/resonance. Then
it would be what I was looking for. I went a little hot roddish on the
muffler, and after four years as a daily driver I've had enough! I can
talk to a passenger or listen to the radio, but you can't hear both!

As for your reference to the Camaro, GM would be better off to buy the
repro 68 bodies from the company producing them and update it. Of course
they would have to modernize it a bit, but they would sell like hot
cakes even though... no BECAUSE they look exactly like the original,
just updated. It wouldn't be very costly if the company could keep up
with demand.