Re: [Amc-list] Trademarks

" From: Don Johnson <donjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I don't know why the big 3 can't seem to make a car as well as the asians. They've been at it longer and should be the leaders but somehow they're not. When you have to rely on patriotism to sell your cars, you've already lost the war.

and it's also a great irony that the fellow who taught them about
total quality control was an american who learned his lesson while
working for at&t.  he couldn't get detroit interested.

" In my mind, we have the engineers and the technology to do the job, but somewhere the new thinking either isn't being encouraged by management or its there and isn't being executed on the plant floor. Either way, something needs to be done soon or we won't be seeing some very big players around much longer.

marketeers and widget managers, and top-down authority.  widget
managers know business but not necessarily the car business, and
worse, believe they don't need to know the car business.  to them the
company's real product is dividends [and their bonuses] and however
dividends are produced is incidental.  eg. manage the money and the
rest will follow...