[Amc-list] Re; Trans AM Stuff

Right now the Historic Trans-Am is a west coast only (one each race was
run at Watkins Glen, NY, and Lime Rock, NH, in 2006: one at Lime Rock in
02 and 03) "good ol' boys club" race. You have to have a documented car
to run. This keeps the car count down, which is nice (don't want a
crowded track with vintage racers!), and/but limits the racing as well.
Average is four races per year, which is enough for an exclusive hobby
race. Seems to be about 80 cars on the roster, so there's enough -- I
expect only about half at the most show up for each race. But there are
only a dozen east of the Mississippi river.

It just seems to me that there would be a great opportunity for a T/A
replica event, allowing all pony cars up to the end of T/A racing and
similar body styles (Javelin up to 74, Mustang through 73,
Camaro/Firebird through 81) as long as they are modified to a similar
cars specs. Sure would be nice! But then again I think SCCA has classes
to cover these cars in similar racing, so I'm going off on the wrong
track. One could still build a replica T/A car, modified slightly for
SCCA class rules, and have fun. Oh well, it was a thought... I don't
plan on flying out to CA just to see a race though. Maybe they should
get ESPN or Speed to tape and televise some? Now THAT would be nice!