Re: [Amc-list] Grand Unified Brake List

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" 97 still has the 9X2 inch rear brakes. I wouldn't doubt the drums may
" swap over, could be any number of little thigns to stop it from
" happening. Maybe some day when I'm real energetic I'll try one on an
" American housing to see what gives.
" []
" I wouldn't mind moving to larger drums at some point if they would
" prove to be a bolt on, but as the wife is not into having her Jeep
" fooled with I doubt that will happen either.

as long as you're tearing into it, the hot swap is zj rear disks.  if
you want to keep your abs you also need the zj halfshafts because the
tone rings and sensors though compatible are different from drum brake
parts.  i suspect but don't know that zj e-brake cables would be the
final touch; the one i saw modified the original xj cables.