Re: [Amc-list] drag racing a 62 classic custom 2 door...

Re: [Amc-list] drag racing a 62 classic custom 2 door...

how about a studebaker-style blow-through turbo?  the gen1 has rather
small valves and ports and you can't do a lot about them, but a turbo
would get around that.

Nitrous, turbo, blower -- they all do basically the same thing, just in
different ways. Engine prep is about the same for all three at similar
power levels. All get more fuel and oxygen in the cylinders.

But since you mention it, the valve size would restrict the amount of
nitrous that can be pulled in. I'd think a 200 hp shot is about all the
engine would use without forced induction too.