Re: [Amc-list] 327 Jeep and Swapmeet yesterday

Re: [Amc-list] 327 Jeep and Swapmeet yesterday

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" I saw some pretty
" amazing stuff! A dual carb setup by Ellis for an International Green Diamond
" motor (170?) that I got a pic of (and his number should anyone be
" interested)

i wonder how that came to exist...  wasn't he a lakester?

" and I spotted something that made me do a
" double take. Apparently there WAS a BOP (can't miss that U top!) trans to
" AMC motor adapter ring! It was already sold ($50 with the TH400 trans and
" D20 tcase!) but it got me thinking that if I could get one of those, and an
" early dual pattern 700R4 (used behind the diesels. I saw the pic of one at a
" trans shop in the "identifying GM trans" poster), then an overdrive for my
" Jeep could be much easier to set up!

sure that's the way it went?  they used an adapter ring '69-'71
between the buick 350 and the amc th400, knocked me out first time i
saw one -- why didn't they just use a bop th400?