Re: [Amc-list] No proto

" From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM" <Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Teague's eye sight never fails to amaze me -- with only one eye depth
" perception is supposedly much harder to perceive (couldn't help the
" pun!!). I've had to drive with a patch over an eye for a few days --
" more than once!  I did notice it was a little harder to judge the
" speed of other vehicles, but only far away -- as in more than a couple
" hundred feet or so. Closer I had no problem. maybe it was the
" fore-knowledge that it might affect my vision. Maybe I was
" subconsciously allowing for the fault because I knew about it? And maybe
" Teague paid more attention to such things because he was aware that it
" could be a limiting factor. An intriguing idea, no?

motion cues.  your brain uses more than just stereo correlation to
determine depth, especially at a distance.  this is sub-subconscious,
in the visual cortex.

next time an action movie comes on tv, try watching it with one eye
covered.  you lose track of depth, and as the motion cues your vision
the results can be amazing!