Re: [Amc-list] Re; F('ing) ailing parts too

Re: [Amc-list] Re; F('ing) ailing parts too

I'm getting ready to embark on my own efi '82 Spirit swap. (4.0L head and '91 XJ EFI system). but way back with my '83 Cherokee, I had an oil leak I couldn't find (I replaced the rear main seal and it stopped seemingly, then started again) turned out my oil pressure sender exploded as I was pulling onto the highway and I drove till I heard rattle (no light because the sender had shattered) My current '90 Ford (460/C6) van's oil pressure suddenly drops after picking up RPMs. I replaced the oil filter which seemed to help at first, then I got sudden clicking of the rear 2 lifters and zero pressure reading (it's at the back of the intake and oil pump is in front) I'm thinking either I had another filter implode (damn that previous Fram anyways!) or something is in the passage blocking the gallery (motor got quite hot when the dist sheer pin let go. The exhaust manifolds were nearly see through!) I'm going to try to blow down the oil sender hole (with compressed air, not my lips!) with the filter off and see what comes out. If it's Fram filter paper, I'm gonna be pissed!

Jim Blair, Seattle, WA '84 J10 Black Jack (getting lifted and stroked!), '73 J4000 304/TH400/QT tow truck http://www.virtualjeep.com

AMC list subscription options link
http://www.amxfiles.com/amc-list/options.cfm