Re: [Amc-list] Blue LED tamed

Without knowing the spec's of the LED you're using, you will be changing resistors a lot until you get the brightness you want. The easiest way to get there is to buy a potentiometer from Radio Shack and wire it in. Adjust the pot. until you get the desired brightness, then disconnect the pot. and measure the resistance across it with a DVM. Then get a resistor as close to that resistance as you can find.

Traditional indicator LED's typically work on a current of 10-20mA (0.010 to 0.02 Amps) The super bright LED's you can get now, like the ones used in flashlights, use much more current and each type is different. If you buy the LED in a socket base for an incandesant bulb, it will already be current limited to give you a similar brightness to the bulb it is replacing.

Ross Blair
69 BBO Javelin 390
Ottawa, Ont.

=
Wine Spectator School
Online wine education. Try our free sample class.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=c63c9e135121828f838fa72aa96d4b38