[Amc-list] 304 prices

The prices sound *OK*, but for that price, unless you have your heart
set on a 304, I'd try to find a 360.

I have four 304s right now. One is from my old Javelin and has a rod
rap. I pulled another out of my old 74 Matador coupe to use in
another car, but found out the cam bearings were wiped out. So I
picked up a running 304 out of a Jeep for $50 that turned out to be
in GREAT shape (rebuilt at some point maybe?) and will be going into
a Spirit or Concord. The last was an early (70- early 71) 304 that
was complete and I got for $100. I wanted it for the early 304 heads,
but I'm now rebuilding this one to see what I can get out of a built
304.

The 304 out of the Matador and the one out of the Javelin are being
sold to a couple Jeep guys that want to rebuild them for their driver
Jeeps. Since I know they need rebuilds, I'm basically giving them the
long blocks. They do want some other parts like the intakes and
timing covers and such, so I told them I'd give them the long blocks
with all the other parts for $100. Why? I just want them gone and I
know they'll be going to good homes. I have a bunch of 360s that take
up enough room and I can't see myself doing anything else with
another 304.