[Amc-list] alternator conversion 63 american 'vert

[Amc-list] alternator conversion 63 american 'vert

I think Tom has all the info you need on his website: www.wps.com
(there's a link somewhere about Ramblers, then a link on that page to
the alt. swap). You really don't need much -- just a wire from the
battery to alternator. You jump the wire labeled "1" from the connector
to the battery terminal on the back of the alternator (or to a switched
12V source). The wire labeled "2" goes to the warning light. You don't
have to connect a warning light for the alternator to operate, of
course. The old generator wiring is just left disconnected. You can cut
it back in the wiring harness and cover with electrical tape. I usually
cut the regulator wires pretty far back in the harness then tape them up
so it looks like the regulator is still connected. On one car I
connected the cable going to the BAT connector on the regulator to the
back of the alternator (the battery wire connection). The owner didn't
want to re-wire some connections he had to power at the regulator. It's
easy enough to pop the regulator top off and disconnect everything in
there, making the connection nothing more than a terminal post.