Re: [Amc-list] 56 or 57 NASH Ambassador for sale (Los Angeles)

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, RetroRalph wrote:

> Seems to me like the 56 and 57 models were the first generation AMC engines
> and probably the 287 or 327 engine.  In 1955 they did use the Packard V8 and
> their Ultramatic Auto transmission.  These are quite the "boats".  Big and
> heavy iron, comfort  and Continental Kits... Wow!.

It's definitely not the gen1 v8, I know those fairly well. Valve
covers have peripheral bolts (like gen2), not the center wing
nuts. Rear distrib, the two-plane intake seems to have more
open space under it than the gen1. It looks bigger.

If it's rare (and not eBay rare :-) I can go photo it this
weekend.