[Amc-list] t-tube broke

all 4 bolts appear to be tight. i just got off work
and am about to go out and do some more thoruo
investigating. i was only doing about 20 mph or so
when it happend so it didnt skid very far. at first
inspection, panhard bar and shocks appeared to be ok.
yes i do use the trans to shift down alot. i am going
to learn to STOP ding that now. i never thought about
something like this happening. i thought that woulda
been stronger than that. yes, the rubber "doughnut" is
still there and intact. ripped all 4 ears off the tube
where they were welded to the tube at. drive shaft was
about 1/2" from letting the whole thing fall on the
ground. used a ratchet strap to pull it all back to
load it on the trailer. i think it is a mix of 2
things. 1, like you said the down shifting. and 2, the
brakes i been working with lately. as some people
know, i have put 2000 mustang gt dual piston calliper
brakes up front. i selected the wrong master cylinder
for the job i guess. i get rear end lockup to soon, so
the front dont get the majority of the job. so that
leaves the rear axle to do the majority of the
stopping. it wasnt built to do that. so, i need to
come across a master cylinder that will work better
for me. my front callipers are 2x45mm pistons on each
calliper. the rear wheel cylinders are factory 15/16"
according to my tsm. says the master cylinder was 1".
several people have explained how that works, but they
have explained it in different ways, and confused me.
sound contridicting at times.

thanks for the help and advice. time to repair the
"GHOST".  my friends said that would be a good name
for her. they claim to have heard of ramblers, but
never seen them... and she is white. works for me.

dave stohler.
broke and bummed.