[Amc-list] t-tube broke.

so, i was going home for lunch, got to a stoplight,
just BARLEY started to touch my brakes, and the rear
axle completely locked up and felt a bad jump at the
same time. couldnt move it, let the clutch out in all
gears, no movement. i thought i broke the trans. i got
out, wouldnt move forward. rocked it a little and it
started moving. pushed it off into the grass. crawled
under and what do you know? the 4 bolts mounting the
t-tube to the trans tail shaft. all 4 bolt holes
ripped out.... has anyone ever seen this happen? what
would cause this to happen? looks as tho something was
atached to the rear axle and took off going forward
and ripped the axle and everything backwards. the
entire axle assembly was against the panhard bar and
everything. had to winch it up onto my trailer. locked
up on me again doing that. had to rock it again and
get it freed up. it is here at the house, and on the
trailer. got to fix it after work. if i can weld up
the bolt hols. might have to go get some washers to
reinforce the holes? hope i can fix it.

dave stohler
broken rambler...