Re: [Amc-list] 61 classic super

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> hold on a second!  when did they start using the aluminum warner?  if
> this car still has the iron warner the engine swap isn't so
> impossible.  a 360 would have to be a '70-1 and it would be smart to
> use a matching warner auto with the '61 torque tube adapter.

Oh then maybe if it's an iron BW trans it mit be strong
enough? Wold AMC do such a thing behind the 195.6? Talk about
a waste. No offense, and I like that motor (really), but it's
not exactly going to wrench yokes offa driveshafts.

> everything else about the swap is still a lot of work, and i don't
> know if the rear axle is up to it - does the super have an amc15 or
> amc20?

Dunno amc15 vs TT small rear etc, but its the six axle, not 8,
almost certainly. I dont' think 61 is different than 62-64 in
that regard, though I do have a 61 TSM which I will look at if
someone asks.