Re: [Amc-list] Evinrude E-Tec... OT

We have 90 horse Johnson on our 2001ish pontoon that runs that technology.
It is much cleaner [at least from a visual point of view] than the mix engines.
Plugs last far longer, uses less oil and fuel then the older engines. I always thout it would be interesting to use one of these in a ground application, but there's not really a point to it.
  My pet peeve is the lack of readiliy available synthetics to use in the tank! everything out there standard dino oil. For a very short period you could actually walk into Wally world and buy synthetic 2 stroke oil. It was cleaner burning even in the injected engines. They advertised it as more enviromenatlly friendly in water craft use, but I don't know that is actually true. The only enviromentally friendly watercarft uses an oar or a sail!  Anyway to get synthetics now I have to order it onliine and it costs twice as much as the blend I can get at Advance auto, so I buy the blend. :[
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net