Re: [Amc-list] Evinrude E-Tec... OT

" From: Mark Price <markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" We have 90 horse Johnson on our 2001ish pontoon that runs that technology.
" It is much cleaner [at least from a visual point of view] than the mix engines.
" Plugs last far longer, uses less oil and fuel then the older engines. I always
" thout it would be interesting to use one of these in a ground application, but
" there's not really a point to it.

rotorway's scorpion helicopter kit used an omc v4 engine, 115hp iirc.
the v4 was made with many power ratings, and extended to v6 and v8
versions which at 300hp rather strain the definition of 'outboard'.

"   My pet peeve is the lack of readiliy available synthetics to use in the tank!
" everything out there standard dino oil. For a very short period you could
" actually walk into Wally world and buy synthetic 2 stroke oil. It was cleaner
" burning even in the injected engines. They advertised it as more enviromenatlly
" friendly in water craft use, but I don't know that is actually true.

it probably is better and more biodegradable than dino oils, and with
fewer toxic trace components.

" The only enviromentally friendly watercraft uses an oar or a sail!

no dispute there!  i'm a ragbagger myself.

" Anyway to get
" synthetics now I have to order it onliine and it costs twice as much as the
" blend I can get at Advance auto, so I buy the blend. :[

surprised you can't find somewhere that gives you a hefty case-lot
discount.
--
this thread has brought me a vivid memory.  dad's second saab, the
mustard yellow '66 monte carlo i learned to drive on, had oil

amc content: my first two daily drivers - which lasted me ~15 years
between them - and the first car i bought for parts were also '66s.