Re: [Amc-list] google earth, the end of privacy, and finding junk cars

Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> said:

>On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Archimedes wrote:
>
> > Take a look at my maroon Dodge Monaco in the front yard, sitting next to my
> > Kia minivan.  In the back yarde, you can just barely make out the gold 72
> > Ambassador wagon I sold to Ryan Landry, sitting next to my 71 Ambassador
> > under the blue car cover.
> >
> > http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=12331022
>
>Wow!
>
>I did look at zillow, but the data for mine is crappy.  It's a
>whole different web page view than yours; why the difference?

There's a zoom button on the left as I recall.  Don't know what browser
you're using but both of my NetScrape installations don't render the page
right.

I think it's designed to be compliant only with IE.

>In your photo your *cars* are as big as our house in mine. Plus
>they have the have the street address wrong. Our house is at
>the corner of Whitmore Street.

Yah, you need to hit the zoom.  When I first put in my address, my house is
small too.

By the way, if you tell me when you're going to look, I'll stand in the
back yard and gesture at you.  ;-)

That photo is actually well over a year old.  I sold the 72 wagon I believe
in the late summer of 2005; and my garage wasn't up yet in that photo -- it
was built in June 2005.

-- Marc