Re: [Amc-list] Brakes more brakes

Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 03:12 AM
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, d stohler wrote:

> i think i am thinking about things backwards here with
> the hydraulic pressure and all... bigger bore more
> volume less pressure, smaller bore less volume, more
> pressure?

BASSACKWARDS! :-)

Bigger piston -- more pressure. Imagine more hands fit on a
bigger disk, more pressure.

Not necessarily. Depends on whether you're talking "giving" or
"receiving" ends -- master cylinder or brakes. On the master cylinder
end smaller means more pressure. On the brake end larger means more
pressure.

I wrote a rather long message on brakes, I think last week, with all
this in it.