[Amc-list] T96 questions

Hi, Guys:

A guy near Chicago had a ad up on Craigslist looking for a T96 transmission for a '64 Classic, and since I had several spare T96s sitting around, I sold him one for cheap.

He got it home and just wrote me this: "i cant use the inputshaft or any of the main shafts the cases are alot different also. i hate to tear it apart for a hand full of syncro parts."  Since I can use this transmission at some point in life, I'll just get it back and give him back his money, so it's no big deal, really, I just feel bad that he drove 30 miles on a snowy day to get sometehing that didn't work out.

Now I'm pretty sure that the T96 I game him came from a '62 that I parted out, however it *possibly* navigated over from my pile of '59 parts.  In either event, how different would a '59 or '62 T96 have been from what showed up in a '64 Classic?  My 59/62 models and his '64 are basic cast iron 196 CID engine cars w/o OD on the transmission, so I'm not sure why the input or the main shafts or cases would be different.  Ideas?

Note: I've not seen this guy's car or his transmission, so I'm just going on what he told me about his engine, etc.

Justin