Re: [Amc-list] First Cruise in Long Time

Re: [Amc-list] First Cruise in Long Time

Congratulations of the road trip Joe. I know how it feels to take that first ride, especially when the stares start. The brake warninig light can be adjusted under the dash, there is a switch mounted on the brake pedal assem (if it's the same as my '70). Mine is doing the same thing after having to brake hard. If I'm mistaken on this please someone straighten me out, thanks. The squeak/creak is mine also. It helped when I replaced the spring seats, but I still have some creak. I've used a silicone spray the night before taking it to show that's helped. Sorry, can't help with the third, unless maybe the ground isn't making good contact. Good luck and hope this helped a little.

Dan Whitehead
Brodhead, WI

I took my 73 Javelin out for a 10 mile cruise on the
freeway today.  It still has a couple of problems I'd like to work
out:
First of all the brake warning light stays on, in
spite of installing a new master cylinder as part of
the "fix up" project. The second problem is the front end is creaky.  It
creaks with every deflection of the front suspension. The third thing is that the temperature and fuel gauge
tend to both read low.  I suspect it is the instrument
voltage regulator and will check that out tomorrow.
Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA