Re: [Amc-list] American Rear Brakes

Great info!
Nice to see some of us actually research before diving in.
Not flaming anyone. Just stating a fact.
Maybe if we all looked a little harder at the bore sizes and comparable cars we could get it right the first time!
I just dove into mine. Put on the 82-83 front brakes [never looked at the piston size]. Then since it was in stock I stuck a 79 Mustang manual brake master on it.
Stainless front brake hoses. Everything else is bone stock.
It all worked out OK. But I've got a little rear wheel lockup on hard braking and a slightly soft pedal.
  My next step involves a rear axle swap. I'm drooling over the two 8.5" S-10 disc brake rear axles on eBay right now. That's why I haven't progressed to finish tuning the brakes.
  10 days till surgery on my shoulder. Then maybe I'll be able to get some of this stuff done!
--
Mark Price
69 AMC rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5