brakes -- hydraulic and air.

Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 05:13 PM
From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>

Wagner drums were used on American's as well. I know 1966 and early 1967
used them. Besides Studebaker, they were also used by Volvo and
International (maybe a couple of others as well). Also, I think that
Wagner bought out Lockheed's (yes, the same Lockheed involved in
areospace) brake operation. There were a lot of cars that used Lockheed
hydraulic brakes but I'm not sure how different those systems are from
what AMC was using. Wagner also is still in the OEM brake business but
drums are a dying breed outside of big trucks.

Matt

farna@xxxxxxx wrote:
> The bad news is that you have Wagner rear brakes. From 58-69 ALL
Series 10
six cylinder cars used Wagner brakes, all others used Bendix.