[Amc-list] 66 American (6 cylinder) brakes

[Amc-list] 66 American (6 cylinder) brakes

Ok,

John Elle's post and others got me off my tuckus to
check the 66 TSM on the 66 American brakes.

Wagner master cylinders were used with manual brakes.
Bendix master cylinders were used with power brakes.

The Wagner master cylinder, BTW, has the front piston
connected to the front brakes and rear piston
connected to the rear brakes, just the opposite of
what is common today.

Bendix brake assemblies were used on cars with the 199
engine.  Wagner brakes were used on the cars with 232
engine.

Manual master cylinder bore is listed as 1" front, and
7/8" rear.  Wheel cylinders are all listed as 1 1/8"
front and 15/16" bore diameter.

I did remember correctly:  my 66 American has a wagner
master cylinder and bendix brakes.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA