[Amc-list] 998 lockup converter questions...

[Amc-list] 998 lockup converter questions...

    I finally got a trans for my Eagle. It's another Eagle 998, but
unlike my current trans, it has a lockup converter. I'll probably like
this, if it helps the mileage and noise on trips, but it means my
current converter won't fit, and it didn't come with one. Should I just
get a rebuilt stock one, or since I may have to pay a core charge should
I step up and get an aftermarket one? I figured since it locks up, a
higher stall one with more torque for towing and stuff would be nice.
Does anyone make an RV type converter w lockup for the AMC 998? BTW,
it's got an injected 4.0 in it, FWIW.
    The other question regards lockup speed. I've heard that it is
desirable to delay the engagement point to a higher speed than stock,
and that there is a mod/kit to do this. Any leads on that?

Thanks...

Keleigh Hardie
84 Eagle Sport 4.0