[Amc-list] NAPA and AMC

Went down to the local NAPA today to pick up a master cylinder for Molly
Blue, and while I was there I noticed their calendar features a Matador
Red 70 Machine for February.  The same car(from Rhode Island) is on the
E-Page ads right now for 40K.  Also, the car for July is a 70 Javelin
Trans-Am edition. I'm not sure, but I think this might be the one featured
in Hemmings a few months ago.

The interesting thing, though, is my parts guy told me that for about two
years now, the store personnel call me the "Gremlin guy" or the "AMC guy",
because I have been the only one buying parts for these cars there.  The
occasional Eagle or Spirit part now and again, by one or two others.

But he said that recently, for around the last six months or so, they have
been selling several AMC parts every week, for just about every model
imaginable.  He said that almost all of these people opt for the most
expensive piece available, whether or not a remanufactured one, a kit, or
a less-expensive one was available.  That fact, coupled with a few
conversations at the register have led him to believe that AMC
restorations are on a quite a definite upswing.  Let's hope he's right.

Of course, I suppose that will mean a healthy dose of caveat emptor in the
future as well...
mike