Re: [Amc-list] Paper & Fire

Scary, but it is possible Brien is right!
I've done this and seen it done!
My Brother bought a 65 Mustang coupe this way.
It was back in the 80's nice fairly rustfree car.
289, 4bbl, 4 speed! With Original Cobra valve covers.
Not a K code but very desirable.
The car had sat for 10 years behind a barn. Everyone around knew of it.
Many people had tried to buy it and been turned down.
My brothe an dI showed up one morning each of use carrying $300 distributed in several pockets. We got the guy to talk to us, he wouldn't even come off the porch and we started telling him we wanted it to restore and we would pay cash. He said no. We said we brought money with us and was he sure he wouldn't like to see the car fixed and on the road. He said no he wanted to keep it, but how ,much did we think it was worth? We said probably a couple of hundred. He said he would have to have more we said maybe we could go three. He said well , if we had cash he would consider it. My brother whipped his $300 out, We hooked up the tow bar and headed for home with title and car in hand! Everyone we knew and who knew about this car was ticked!
  Another friend got one the same way. Persistance and cash! Try the last couple of days before the end of the month if it is someone who appears to be low on cash!
  Find out where the guys cash comes from and hit him a couple of days before payday! Just don't make him mad and don't stalk him!!!!..........
  If he appears to be well off, Play the wouldn't you love to see this car done right and saved card! Tell him you'll bring it by for him to see when it is done and do it!
My Brother now owns a 66 Marlin he got for FREE because we knew the people and he promised the elderly woman she could have a ride when it was done! He kept that promise and she was awestruck at how close it was to original except for the wheels. It made her very happy!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net