Re: [Amc-list] Frustration

Marc,

There are all kinds of hobbyists.  I have come to
realize that some cars are going to get parted out.  I
have bought several from junkyards or on their way to
junkyards, and the only way that they are going to be
any good to anyone is in parts.  You might as well
make some money on them if you enjoy dealing in the
parts.  It's frustrating if you try to save a
low-demand car and keep it from being parted out.  I
have one sitting at the curb in front of my house
right now.  Needs paint, a clutch, and that mysterious
oiling problem to the valve train needs to be sorted
out.

I know what you mean about some Ebay auctions.  Some
sellers are just fools.  A rising tide does not float
all boats.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

--- Archimedes <Freedom@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I took it, it would be yet another of my long list
of
> "in service to the
> hobby" gaffes.  I'd be waiting forever to get my
> money back out of it.

In looking over the "did not sell" auctions,