Re: [Amc-list] [AMC-List] Dumb Question Maybe - Speakers in Series

Re: [Amc-list] [AMC-List] Dumb Question Maybe - Speakers in Series

Yes, you want to hook it up that way to half the ohm load.
Hooking them up Radio + to - to + to - in a chain doubles the ohm load which would cause you to have 16 ohms load.
  Now if your going to hook an 8 ohm dash speaker and two four ohm speakers up to the same AM radios output you are going to end up back at 4 ohms load.
Also, I always do a web search on this stuff when I get to scratching my head!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net