Re: [Amc-list] [AMC-List] Jeep Vagabond?

That explains the length then. I was wondering if it was on an FSJ frame or
possibly a CJ10 setup.

From: farna@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Jeep Vagabond?
To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx (AMC-List)

Jim, I've got a couple pics of this thing, circa 1969. The best
one is in Foster's "The Story of Jeep", a full page ad -- but at
reduced size so the text is unreadable. There are several pics
in it. Another is in "Ultimate Truck & Van Spotter's Guide".
There's a notation that the camper sleeps four. I recall seeing
more info on it somewhere, but can't seem to locate it now.
Notice how the camper seems awfully long in the back for a CJ?
About four feet hang off the back -- with a "pony axle"
underneath to carry the added weight. IIRC the tires were 13" or
so trailer tires, but couldn't find a clear enough pic or any
info to confirm. The hweels on the pony axle are inset a bit.

Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:03:44 -0800
From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I tripped over this while checking for Gladiator stuff. Looks
like a CJ with
a camper? I know the Jtrucks came stock with a camper body, but
never saw a
CJ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110081629950