[AMC-List] 258 6cyl swap into 63american convertible

[AMC-List] 258 6cyl swap into 63american convertible

Hello AMC people!   Here I am again asking advise on yet another idea on a
powertrain swap for my beloved little red 'vert.  The thought of cutting up
the engine bay on this car to put in a 290  really makes me cringe.
Especially after seeing a couple examples on ebay.  So my thoghts are now
leaning toward a 258 or a 232, because it has to be an AMC.  I have so far
kept the car period correct, but not totally origional.  The car is just to
nice to be sporting the 196 ohv.  There is no aftermarket for it and not
much potential.  I already have a T14 to hook it up to.  Also is there any
difference in bell pattern up to '85or '86?    THANK YOU  once again,
M.Walter redamc1963@xxxxxxxxxxx