[AMC-List] Emission Maintenance Timers

My '80 Spirit and AMX also had a reset-able device in the speedometer
cable. It is a cylindrical affair and plugs into the speedometer cable
just below the Master Cylinder. The only function it performs is to turn
on the Check Engine light. It is mounted somewhat the same way that
speed sensors for factory cruise controls are mounted which means you
have a 2 piece speedometer cable. This was also the location that was
used to install the speed sensor for the Mopar Retrofit fuel injection
system that is installed on the Spirit.
John.