Re: [AMC-List] Heat Crossover

You used the key words "street machine".

I have no experience with any hi-perf AMC's, but I did once run a chev 283
w/30-30 cam +solids, .040 over and 10 to 1 comp. I blocked the crossover
with a Mr. Gasket intake set, and with a Holley four, I found it very
disconcerting to find , in cool, humid weather, that the throttle would
freeze up at part throttle while just cruising. I had heard of carburetor
icing, but just in airplanes. Gets exciting when the car won't slow down
with foot off gas.

I suspect you may find some of those manifolds may not have a crossover
passage, anyway, and the heat from below through the aluminum plenum may be
adequate. More experienced will chime in, I hope.

Just that if you get the NON-crossover type heads, you are stuck in that
rut.

I will say that my chev ran great during the summer, never needed premium,
only regular gas.

Glenn Ford