[AMC-List] 71-74 Javelin AMX Ram Air Hood

[AMC-List] 71-74 Javelin AMX Ram Air Hood

I am offering a real 71-74 Javelin AMX fiberglass hood for sale in
excellent condition. This hood came from a 1971 Jav AMX matador red car
I parted years ago. For a used hood, metal frame is near perfect as the
hood has never been in an accident and has been in dry storage since
1989. No rust anywhere that I can see. Back screen mesh is also
excellent as are the 4 hinge studs and the thin metal in the nose trim
area. Included is a real nice hood nose trim with one small ding in the
dead center and a nice Javelin script emblem. The only issues are some
missing glass (approx 2 inches) on each of the back corners where the
hood looks like it was mishandled. There is also a very small area of
glass worn in the direct center of the stripe. All in all, pretty easy
and basic glass repairs. The rest of fiberglass sandwich is near
perfect. There is a slight amount of separation down the middle between
the glass and the metal skin. Again, very normal for a 35 year old hood.
You will have to strip the paint and metal underside, re-gel and do some
glass work to make this hood show quality. I hope that is obvious with a
used fiberglass hood.

I am in Orlando Florida and would like to make this a local pick up
only. I would be willing to drive 2 hours any direction in FL (or to
Jacksonville and the GA border) or meet you half-way to south FL if
you'll pay my gas. My buddies at APP in Cocoa said they can crate and
ship pretty cheaply if need be. I have not gotten any prices for
shipping from them so you would have to work it out with Bruce but I can
deliver to Cocoa for free.

Sell price with the hood, nose trim and emblem is $350. Let me know if
you need pictures (jeff.thomas@xxxxxxxx).

Jeff 407-356-4727