Re: [AMC-List] 1959 Rambler w/Diesel Motor - $1100

Re: [AMC-List] 1959 Rambler w/Diesel Motor - $1100

" From: Russell Neyhart <rtneyhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Good Morning Andrew,
"
" The Volvo diesels in the 240 series were Audi truck I6's with the same
" bore & stroke as the Audi 2.0 I5's used in the 5000 and the 1.6 I4's
" used in the 4000 and non-TDI VW's. Good luck finding a good parts
" person! Please let us all know if you find one who will turn around and
" look at the ancient scrolls, er books behind them after punching a few
" keys turns up nothing!

they continued to use it through much of the '90s, and many of the
parts are the same as the vw 4, but about 2000 they decided they could
make a better engine themselves and that's what i'm referring to.
it's the d3 series included here:
http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/na/en-us/marineengines/powerforleisureboats/diesel_inboard/
and this is the one they put in their cars:
http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/na/en-us/marineengines/powerforleisureboats/diesel_inboard/d3-160/spec.htm
and here's a car:
http://www.volvoadventures.com/70VDspec.html
this particular one has a stick [volvo made iirc] but they've always
used warner and aisin-warner autos in their rwd cars, and until even
more recently it was the same box jeep calls the aw4.  to volvo it was
the a43.

btw another amc link - in their fwd cars volvo used the same zf auto
amc/renault did in the premiere.
--
Internet Rambler        |      je suis Marxiste - tendent Groucho      |