Re: [AMC-List] Globs in the fuel caused by ethanol dissolving fiberglass

Re: [AMC-List] Globs in the fuel caused by ethanol dissolving fiberglass gel coat

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, John Elle wrote:

> Hey Tom!
> If this is ethanol causing the problem, what is that stuff we been
> running in our gasoline here for the last 30 years? Seems to me I been
> running alcohol laced gasoline now ever since lead disappeared!

It's true that gasohol isn't new. If it is the plastic tank
lining goo melting, it could be other unholy crap they are
putting in the gas. The MTBE story is a horror; it's amazing
it got used.

Also something is eating old fuel lines, in addition to age. But
a car tank made in the 1980's getting eaten, that's weird.