Re: [AMC-List] Floor mounted shifter...

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM wrote:

> I knew I'd seen a Hurst floor mount shifter! It's the Master Shift three
> speed for 69-74 Ford and 71-87 GM vans. I'm not sure if the Indy
> Qualifier mounts to the floor or not, but thought it did (no instruction
> sheet for that one, and the pics in the catalog don't show enough to
> tell).

I had a Master Shift mounted on a T14 in my 1970 Hornet. It's a
"universal" shifter, meaning it fits nothing equally well :-)
Took a whole afternoon of rod-bending to get it to fit right,
and I think I had to cut ears off the plate, but it's otherwise
pretty straightforward. Got it on ePay as an unused kit (minus
some docs) pretty cheap. They're around.

Three-speed though. They're harder to find than 4-speed
shifters. If you ahve the trans out of the car fitting it all
is a breeze. Hacksaw, vise, propane torch, drill.