[AMC-List] Floor mounted shifter...

I knew I'd seen a Hurst floor mount shifter! It's the Master Shift three
speed for 69-74 Ford and 71-87 GM vans. I'm not sure if the Indy
Qualifier mounts to the floor or not, but thought it did (no instruction
sheet for that one, and the pics in the catalog don't show enough to
tell).

The Master Shift van (only the years listed above!) mount brackets bolt
to the floor UNDER the van on each side of the shifter with a long 7/16"
bolt going through the shifter and mount plates. Basically the same
three speed shifter as other Hurst models. This goes right along with my
idea of modifying the AMC "hump" floor mount and installing a Hurst four
speed shifter in this same manner. The Master Shift is mounted under the
floor because of the distance between the floor and trans in the van --
much more than in a car. So if you don't want to desecrate the stock
floor mount, just make two steel brackets to go on each side of the
shifter and hold it to the floor.